Mentoring at your finger tips!
Welcome to MyMentor, NRMN’s guided virtual mentoring platform!
What is MyMentor?
MyMentor, allows you to:
- Find a partner based on our matching algorithm, your desired search criteria, or let us find a mentoring partner for you
- Explore a long-term mentoring connection, facilitated by guided prompts
- Create and work toward accomplishing your personal goals
Who can participate?
- Traditional mentees: Undergraduates, graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, etc…
- Non-traditional mentees: People at any level can participate as a mentee and benefit from having a mentor. Learning never stops!
- Mentee requirements: Per NIH guidelines, mentees must be U.S. Citizens, permanent residents, or non-citizen U.S. nationals
- Traditional mentors: Post-doctoral researchers, jr. faculty, senior faculty, non-faculty researchers, and academic administrators
- Non-traditional mentors: People at any level can give back as a mentor, near-peer mentor, or peer-peer mentor. Embrace the mentoring life-cycle!
How do YOU connect?
- Mentees: Select which path is most applicable to you and then click “Select a Mentor”
- Mentors: Click “Become a Mentor” to enroll in the MyMentor platform. Then, wait for a mentee to send you a request for mentoring. Make sure to keep your profile updated so they’ll have the best chance to find you!
- Once you’re in a mentoring connection, use Virtual Meeting, IM, and Messaging to communicate with your mentoring partner
MyMentor session really caused me a lot of self reflection. I think i got as much out of it as the mentee. -NRMN Mentor
Additional Support & Perspective
It can be hard to reach out to people at my own organization, and my NRMN mentor has a great grasp on what information i need to be soliciting and she encourages me to reach out. -NRMN Mentee
I used my network to put my mentee in contact with people who may help her along the next steps in her career. We still e-mail each other once a month to check in and see how things are going. -NRMN Mentor