Unconscious Bias Course
Welcome to Unconscious Bias Course
What is Unconscious Bias?
Unconscious Bias is a prejudice we have or an assumption we make about another person based on common cultural stereotypes, rather than on thoughtful judgement. Nobody is immune from unconscious bias, regardless of race/ethnicity, gender, orientation, etc., because humans have the tendency to make associations to help us organize our social worlds. Unfortunately, these biases can affect the type and quality of healthcare received, hiring practices, and workplace environments.
The Unconscious Bias Course will help you address your personal unconscious bias, teach you about microaggressions, provide a solutions toolkit, develop your self-awareness, and discuss bias and disparities in medicine and healthcare. A certificate is awarded upon completion of these modules. The course may be completed all at once or each module may be taken separately. There is no set completion window, but all five modules must be completed to receive credit for the course. Each module takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Enroll and begin the course today!
We would like to recognize and express our deep gratitude for the contributions of the following members who shared in the creation and implementation of the Unconscious Bias Modules:
- Mirabelle Fernandes Paul, EdD, Western University COMP-Northwest
- Linda Solis, PhD, University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Robin Bartoletti, PhD, University of North Texas Health Science Center
- Stephanie Tubby, MS, University of North Texas Health Science Center
- Jami Woychesin, PhD, University of North Texas Health Science Center
- Jamboor K. Vishwanatha, PhD, National Research Mentoring Network-Resource Center
- Toufeeq Ahmed, PhD, National Research Mentoring Network-Resource Center
- Damaris Javier, MA, National Research Mentoring Network-Resource Center
- Katie Stinson, MLIS, National Research Mentoring Network-Resource Center
- Alexis Short, National Research Mentoring Network-Resource Center
- Zainab Latif, MCS, National Research Mentoring Network-Resource Center